We’re always on the look-out for men and women who are open to the idea of “giving back”, who are willing to put some of their time, their skills and experience towards helping others in our local community.
Our Club is one of over 35,000 Rotary Clubs spread across some 200 countries. Our 50 or so members are part of over 1.2 million Rotarians world-wide.
Our meetings occur most Tuesday evenings upstairs at The Westport Club, Buller St, Port Macquarie. They’re pretty informal and relaxed and give us the chance to “catch up” with colleagues. Some of that time is given over to brief reports particularly about on-going projects and plans for the future.
Yes, we like our members to attend regularly but what is more important is their active involvement in “doing their bit” for our community.
Being a Rotarian opens up a world of opportunity such as:
- To make many new friends … within our Club, in other local Rotary clubs, across the other 50 clubs in our District 9650, even across the world
- To experience the way people in other countries live e.g. by going on Rotary Friendship Exchanges where Rotarians in several towns and cities open their homes to you and show you the features of their part of the world
- To learn about the businesses, professions and government enterprises in our local area via “vocational out-visits” and via guest speakers
- To be amazed at the abilities, courage and tenacity displayed by school students competing in the annual Rotary District Public Speaking Competition or reporting back on their experiences at one of the many youth development programs run by Rotary
- To be part of taking on and completing a service project that is really appreciated by our community
So … have a good look at our website and, if you’re interested to know more, click on “Contact Us” and leave us a message. We’d be delighted to meet with you over a coffee, invite you to a meeting or have you join in at one of our service projects.